Monday, July 21, 2014

Welcome back to NTPRS!

Hello you crazy readers, you!  Yes, I know it's been awhile.  I've been crazy and busy and trying to keep my sanity for the past year with my new job.  But now it's under my belt.  I have survived the year of insanity and I have KUDOS to prove it!

Now, I canNOT take credit for this, because I only had this student for one year, but he emailed me to congratulate me, so I'll copy it here:

I had a French 5/IB student who emailed me during the summer to tell me about his experiences in Paris talking with the native speakers.  He told me that they all were amazed at his accent, which he attributed to his year with me!!  Now, I am not insane enough to give his words any real credence, but it does feel good.  And, at the very least, I gave him the confidence to be able to speak to native speakers.  AND he got a 6 on the IB exam.

I've really loved my year in this high school environment...and my biggest KUDOS for the year are that I've increased the enrollment by 50% for next year!

Anyway...enough about me and the awesomeness that is teaching with TPRS.  I am in Chicago for NTPRS and surrounded by my kind of folks and sucking up all the knowledge I possibly can.

I have to admit (and don't ever tell my husband this) that I am always a little cynical when I show up to NTPRS, thinking that I've heard everything and that everything that I need to do in the classroom I know about and am just sucking at, but I am learning a TON and it's only day 1.

So, if you are interested in hearing what I'm learning this week, follow along!

3 comments:

  1. Bess, congrats on the increased enrollment -- that's excellent news! As is your amazing work with your students, of course! I have to admit I hate almost everything right now because I'm not at NTPRS. Have a great conference -- looking forward to reading more!

    Your sad and mopey ex-roommate,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding...it's just not the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey
    could you do me a favor and send me your mini stories in English.
    msoofloo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete