Thursday, March 11, 2010

Observation

I was observed this week by a member of the PE department who knows nothing about FL beyond her experiences in high school. She came to see about my pacing and amount of time spent in the TL.

Today, we met in an interdisciplinary group and she shared her findings with me. She was very complimentary about the class...the gestures...the conversations, etc. She said that she saw a very high level of interest and could see how it would help the students learn.

It felt so good to be validated by other teachers in the building. I've been pretty down on myself about TPRS lately...I don't do enough circling, I'm not going Slowly enough, my stories are boring, I'm getting tired of the stories, my classroom management sucks. It was nice to remember that I am accomplishing something! If absolutely NOTHING else, at least my kids are excited about learning another language, right?? Right??

1 comment:

  1. Right! It took me a long time to accept that this stuff - SLOW, Circling, all the skills - are not going to be picture perfect ever. But hanging in there in the TL is what it is all about. You are to be commended. It will get smoother over time. Just like anything worth doing, it takes time. We all have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete