Monday, May 10, 2010

Passe Compose

I haven't blogged lately because I have a bit of teacher-itis. I absolutely cannot WAIT for this year to be over. I have had some really bad days coupled with a super-long winter. I'm done!

Anyway, today something happened that merits blogging about. During state testing, there were a lot of days where I was supposed to be in two buildings at once because of overlapping schedules. (I travel, and my schedule is a bit strange) Because of that, I had to come up with lesson plans for my kids that they could do without me. I decided to give my second year students a huge packet of worksheets (yuck!) over the passe compose because I figured it couldn't possibly hurt them and they would get a little exposure to it before moving on to the next teacher at the high school. I didn't teach them anything over the passe compose outside of little pop-up grammar points about how to say We did this or They did that. They are really good at using first person past because we use it every Monday to talk about what they did over the weekend. Today, one of my students said that he went to a friend's house. I asked what he did there and he thought for a second and said "Nous avons mange de la pizza and nous avons joue des jeux videos." He is a smart kid, but not one to do homework or study at all. Is it a stretch to say that he picked that up from pop-up grammar and can now use it in authentic situations?? Is that real acquisition??

No comments:

Post a Comment