Monday, July 25, 2011

Building Dialogue through Actors-Scott Benedict and Carol Sutton

One of my favorite sessions because there was sooo much there. Variety, acting, humor, upper-level grammar, and useful phrases.

In this session, Scott and Carol taught us how to choose the right actor (not too crazy, not too shy...just right), how to use dialogue with different levels (low level are puppets, mid-level repeat the dialogue, superstars improvise), and how to vary the drama by having the audience repeat the words with different emotions.

When using dialogue, the teacher circles the dialogue, verifies the details with the actor, and gets advice from the audience. This is such a perfet way to include different subjects, tenses, etc. LOTS of practice. You can even go further by asking way advanced questions like "What did he want that she say? (subjunctive) or What would you like her to say (conditional)" Really really good stuff in this session that I can't wait to use.

2 comments:

  1. Hola,

    I wished you have your picture, so I can remember if I know you. If I do not know you, I want to meet you! I love your posts. You are a precious gift to those who could not go to St. Louis.

    Thank you!

    Pia from New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Piadad!
    Danke vielmals!

    ReplyDelete