Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Day 1 NTPRS 2017 (Sunday arrival)

I always blog every session I go to at NTPRS...just to help me synthesize the information for myself and also hopefully to have something to look back to during the year when I get tired (of course, at that point in the year, I'm in survival mode and I forget to do that-HELP ME REMEMBER TO DO THIS IN JANUARY).

This year, I was not able to go to as many sessions as normal because I was helping out in the TPRS Books booth, answering questions about novels and ringing people up.

Anyway, I got to the hotel and checked into my room that I shared with Andrea Schweitzer (I think this was our 4th time rooming together...she's the yin to my yang...the wind beneath my wings....and an awesome Spanish teacher from Dallas, TX) and Cecilia, another Dallas Spanish teacher who agreed to join in on our insanity.  I felt really bad for Cecilia because I could NOT stop singing Simon and Garfunkel to her the entire week.

L-R (Emma?, Cecilia, me, Andrea)

For those of you who have never been to NTPRS, I offer you the following story to give you a sense of the atmosphere.  We (the roomies) walked to dinner at a Cuban restaurant with a German teacher, Eric Spindler.  We sat, ordered, and as we were waiting for our food, Anna Gilcher and Rachelle Adams Jackson came in and joined our table.  Then, Jason Fritze and Alina Filipescu came and ate at the table next to us.  A few minutes later, Lance P. came in and sat for a while.  It is just people coming and going and sharing and laughing and talking and hugging and loving and...  bliss.  It's bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment