Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Resources

I have hesitated to share too many resources here because a lot of what I do has been borrowed/translated/stolen from others and I use pictures from the internet without siting my sources...  But I was encouraged to do so by my main teacher man Jeremy Jordan, who shares SO MUCH for free.  

So here goes.  I only ask four things:
  1. A lot of these were done in haste, as I have five preps and only one prep period.  So, if you see a typo or an error, please email me and let me know so that I can fix it!
  2. If you want to make changes for your class, just make a copy of the google document and go ahead!  I know my students pretty well, so there are probably some things that I share with my students that you would not feel comfortable sharing with your students.  For example, I show my kids Cyprien videos, even though he sometimes curses in French.
  3. Use anything all you want in your classes, but please don't sell anything and if you remember it came from me, a shout-out would be nice.
  4. If you see anything that came from you and want it sited, please let me know and I will be happy to add a HUGE shout-out for sharing.
  • Daily info for the beginning of class PowerPoint:  This is the best thing I added this year.  It gives me a great opportunity to use some high-frequency structures that don't always come up in a natural story-asking day.  It is a work in progress, as I usually add the slide the day before/morning of.
  • My daily PowerPoints so far: This is how I organize my life.  With 5 different classes, it's nice to have one place to go.  I'm not sure if the sharing is on for every source, so if you click on something that doesn't work, let me know.  Also, most of the things I do in French 4/5 were created by my colleagues Nicole and Caitlin (BIG SHOUT OUT!!!) and they may not want to share their work.
Hope somebody finds this helpful.  If not, oh well!  I got nothing to lose!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mme Hayles! I'm the curriculum developer at Voces Digital (a division of Teacher's Discovery), and I'm interested in connecting with you! Can you email me at erina@vocesdigital.com? Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bess! I just looked through your files and I absolutely adore the daily cultural tidbit. I will definitiely be incorporating that in the future. Maybe even starting tomorrow. I miss meeting with you and Amanda but it was great seeing you at KSWLA! Hope all is well with you and the fam! Tina Beard

    ReplyDelete