Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First day, first day!!

Ooooooo boy! What a fabulous but mind-numbing day! I met all but two of my almost 160 students and tried to remember a lot of new names and faces. Hopefully things will calm down tomorrow as I introduce myself and we start talking syllabus and procedures. And then comes the fun stuff of getting to know them through talking about what they like to do!!

I have to say that I was absolutely AMAZED at the retention from my 2nd year students. They were up, talking, answering questions, and UNDERSTANDING what I was saying. One difference? Me! After NTPRS, I think I did a much better job asking for clarification, slowing down, and not being afraid to jump in with English. I can't wait to start curriculum!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bess (is that correct?)
    I'm looking at a cloze doc that you posted on the website..I did NOT go to that particular worksheet, so I'm figuring out what to do. You have one page that has 2 columns of the same french phrase from the song with a blank
    Ne me quitte pas is the song I'm looking at.
    Can you just give me an explanation of how you use this handout - a bit day by day? mariacochrane@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete