Monday, October 8, 2012

Circling with balls

This year I am really trying to spend more time talking about what the students do.  I have one class of 30, and I'm only about halfway through talking about them.  I'm trying not to get impatient...  My brain is telling me to start in on the "book" and get going on the "curriculum," but when I sit down and think about it, my kids are getting SO MUCH good vocabulary and SO MUCH great repetition because we can review the information every day or every other day, so whatever vocabulary we talk about now should be so stuck in their brain that they remember it for the rest of their lives.  So I need to take a deep breath, think of some new way to insert common vocabulary (connait anyone??), and keep on keeping on.  My kids won't know I'm bored with it unless I act like I'm bored.  I just need to use the acting skills I'm learning in my improv class to make believe that my class is the most fascinating class in the world and my students are the best kids in the universe.  C'est vrai, n'est-ce pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment