Friday, September 1, 2017

FVR this year

This year, I started my reading program a little differently, focusing on making sure that students knew how to pick a just-right book, taking out the authentic books out of my library (for now) and increasing the days per week that we read.  I have seen a HUGE difference!

First, the kids are FINISHING books!  When they finish, I have them write a quick post-it review (title, stars out of five, one or more French words to describe the book, and their name) and they put it on their spot on the wall.  I got this from someone else, but I don't remember who...

Second, the kids are TALKING to each other about the books!!  At the end of FVR, I hear them asking what their book is about, where they are in it, and if they like it.  On their own!

Third, there is NO GROANING when I say that it's time to read.

Fourth, I am 1/3 of the way through my own French book already this year...

Read my next blog post to find out about another way reading is working well this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment