Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Friday of the year

For my first Friday of the year, I had fun with my second year students.  First, I had them do a free write to kind of see what they remembered from last year.  It was about what I expected and way above what most teachers see on day 3 of year 2 (I think/hope).  My lower kids were able to come up with some complete sentences with spelling and grammar errors and my higher kids were able to write a story using a variety of vocab with minimal errors.  I was pretty impressed with my kids and patted myself on the back for doing a decent job last year!  Then we sang songs from last year and finished with one or two French music videos.  Pretty easy class.

With my ones, I finished going over my syllabus and began circling with cards.  I told the students to write whatever name they want me to call them on one side and a picture of something they like to do on the other.  At first, I was struggling to make this exciting...  I started with "His name is..." and circled that.  Then, I asked the student "Is your name...?" and circled that.  Then, I added in a girl to show the difference between he and she and circled that.  It was incredibly boring to me and I was so out of practice that I was grasping for questions to ask at first.  Luckily, I didn't have more than 5 or 10 minutes for each class, so it was a good way to get my feet wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment