Friday, July 29, 2016

Make a Movie with Senor Wooly aka Jim Wooldridge

This was a two-night event that ROCKED!!  Senor Wooly was giving us the tools to create short films that could be used easily as MovieTalks.  Night one was going over the different types of shots and camera movements as well as a set of rules.  Talking about shot and movement do not make sense in a blog, so I'll just give you the rules.


  1. Hold phone horizontally (I broke this in the very first shot I tried to make...)
  2. Don't film everything in just one shot.
  3. Use close-ups
  4. But use them sparingly
  5. Record way more than you think you need
  6. Don't zoom
  7. Don't pan
  8. Scan the environment before you record
  9. Don't film in front of windows
  10. Outside, shoot at dawn or dusk 
  11. Film at the same height as the actors
To see my very first editing job, click here 

We used a free app called Adobe Premiere Clip, which did awesome things, but editing on a phone is not my cup of tea because I have fat, dumb fingers.  Just ask my friends how many of my texts they actually understand.  Thank God for real keyboards!

Night two was to film our piece in groups.  Here is our final product   My group was Andrea Schweitzer, Jeremy Jordan (who did the editing quickly) and me!  Every group did amazing work considering that everything had to be shot and edited in less than 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment