Monday, January 25, 2010

First impressions

I'm reading "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell (love his books!) and he is talking about malpractice and how the dr's who are most frequently sued are the ones who are seen as not caring. They took snippets of conversations between Dr and patient and muddled the words so all you could hear was tone. Then they had people listen to it and rate how caring the Dr seemed.

I would love to have someone do this to me as I'm teaching. I feel a lot of love (most of the time) and I hope that my students can feel that coming through...but what if it doesn't? What about those "uncaring" doctors? Are they really heartless or are they just ignorant of how they are perceived? I really hope that I'm not sending out bad vibes to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment