Friday, January 15, 2010

Success!

We have been leading up to Christmas, on Christmas break, and then on a snow week (never experienced that before!). So coming back has been a little...different. But Monday, on my first day back, I had a future teacher observe one of my first year students. These students had not been around French for about 3 weeks. I decided I'd start them off "slow" and just talk about what they did over the break. We talked for the hour about what they did, what they got, what color things were...what movies they saw, who went somewhere, etc. Sometimes they threw in silly little fictional details, like the girl who went to Vegas and got Cris Angel to fall in love with her. But it was a typical PQA kind of day.

At the end of the class, the future teacher said "Thank you so much. That was amazing!" It really made me feel good about what my students have been able to accomplish despite the lack of conjugation charts and worksheets!

No comments:

Post a Comment