Friday, February 15, 2013

Positivity!

Laurie Clarcq has been a fountain of positivity this year.  She started off January sharing a positive message, video, or thought every day.  Just something to raise our spirits as politicians try to tell the world that we suck.  It was a breath of fresh air in the month when we are all stuck inside and fresh air is hard to come by...

This month, she has been sharing a new TPRS blog every day.  I have to admit that I haven't been looking at them...but last night I had plenty of time as I sat at my table, eagerly awaiting my Valentine's dates/parents.  I was so inspired!  I have now added links to blogs on my sidebar and will continue to do so as I find amazing resources!  If you have a blog and want to be added, let me know!  I think it is so important for us to share specifics of what we do, what works, research, etc because we need the support. 

My colleague said that my last posts were pretty much downers, and I'm so glad that I had the time and sharing last night to drag my tired booty out of the doldrums.  I also had some amazing compliments from parents.  One parent sat down and said, "It always amazes me to see you behind this desk because I always expect to see Superman, based on what my child says about you."  I had another parent who was a real stinker last year, raking me over the coals for my lack of a textbook and lack of grammar.  This parent returned last night to tell me thank you for inspiring his daughter (she is absolutely FANTASTIC!!) to eat, breathe, and live French.  Besides the parent kudos, we language teachers had an awesome time sharing funny websites and laughing.  It was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment