Monday, February 11, 2013

PT conferences...

...are always a good time to reflect (and catch up on blogging between parents).  As always, I am failing in my goal of keeping this blog updated.  But I hope that this week will give me a chance to blog about all the TPRS goodness that is bouncing around in my head. 

Parents have been very supportive of my class and tell me that their students love French class, which is good to hear.  I've also been able to share a bit of our class with the parents as I read a recent free-write to them.  The looks on their faces are priceless!  I either get some giggles or they look really uncomfortable as I read about Jimmy the cow who wants to eat a fish named Tony.  I hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot by sharing insights into our classroom environment...

But I am really enjoying showing the parents what their children can do and it gives me something to refer to when I talk to them about their children.  I highly recommend that you try this in the future, and I hope I remember to do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment