Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Book talks in the TL

Every day, I have the students answer some question of the day and I count that as their participation for the day. It's a great way for me to take attendance, get to know them a little better, and reinforce whatever vocab we're working on (or review old stuff too). On Mondays, I ask about their weekends and on Friday we always talk about what they are going to do. I get lots of reps in on the past and future before the other teachers are teaching those tenses...

Anyway, yesterday my question of the day was: What do you like to read? It took much longer than I thought because we got to talk about the main characters of the books, what they liked about them, what type of book it was...do they like to read magazines, etc. Essentially, we had a book talk in French (something my district is heavily pushing). Reading is something I really enjoy, so it was fun for me and for those kids who enjoy reading as well. The ones who don't like to read...well...at least they were listening to French!

No comments:

Post a Comment