Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Super-fun interaction

I just had to share something that I did with my superstar class today. I have a question of the day each day to practice common phrases or current vocabulary. It's my way of taking attendance and makes the kids talk at least once a day. I know there is a lot of debate about making kids talk, but I've had great results so far...

Anyway, today, my question of the day was "What did you buy Mme Hayles for Christmas?" If they said "nothing," I said that was impossible and made them come up with something else. These kids, who know how to play the game, came up with crazy answers from past stories or competed with others to come up with the best gift. At the end, I received chocolate, a hippopatamus, a car, a round-trip ticket to Paris, yellow snow, and vanilla ice cream. Sometimes I acted disgusted at their "gift" and berated them while they laughed...other times I said they were my favorite student and "gave" them an A+. We were all laughing while I essentially took attendance and talked to them in French! Good times....

No comments:

Post a Comment