Tuesday, December 8, 2009

So overwhelmed...

I have been feeling really overwhelmed these past couple of weeks. I feel like I'm never going to get caught up! Even with as little written work as I assign, I'm behind in grading. I don't have to "plan" for my class if I don't really want to, but that makes me feel like I'm not accomplishing much. It's strange. I've read and I've heard and I know that the most important thing in my class is to speak French so that the kids can understand. I'm having a really hard time feeling like I'm teaching them anything that way. There are days when I see it and I go, "Gosh! I'm teaching these kids WAY more this year than I ever did last year!" There are days when my colleagues (non-TPRSers) praise my work and ask me questions about what I'm doing. But those days are in the minority. I need to embrace the good days and focus on increasing them instead of focusing on the bad days and thinking about how much better I could be. Rationally, I know that I'll get there. I know that I will be an exceptional teacher one of these days with wonderful, loving relationships with my students...with great classroom management... I'm just impatient to get there. And in the meantime, I read all the blogs and I watch the videos and I research as much as I can about this wonderful teaching strategy that I'm so stinking excited about. And my grades are a little late...

No comments:

Post a Comment